Aluminum to Copper Wire Installation in Annapolis
If your home or business is wired with aluminum wiring — particularly if it is an older property — it may be time to consider getting it rewired with copper wiring or what is called a ‘aluminum to copper change over’. Aluminum wire poses a much greater fire threat and is less durable and conductive than copper. Once installed, copper wiring also requires much less maintenance than aluminum, which has a higher wear and tear rate. At Chesapeake Electric, our team of experienced electricians proudly performs aluminum to copper wire change over services for homes and business across Annapolis, MD. To have your wiring checked out, or to schedule a removal/installation, give our experts a call at (410)280-3388 today!
Copper Wire: The Right Choice for Your Property
Copper wire is not only cost effective and energy efficient — it’s also a safety necessity. When compared with older aluminum wire, copper wire is much less likely to fail of start an electrical fire. Recently, a national survey conducted by Franklin research Institute for CPSC determined that homes built before 1972, and wired with aluminum, are 55 times more likely to have wire connections at outlets reach “Fire Hazard Conditions” than homes wired with copper. For the safety of those on your property, copper wiring is the clear choice.
In addition to being safer than aluminum wiring, copper wiring also has greater resilience, higher durability and higher performance than aluminum.
The Benefits of Copper Wiring
- Safer for your home or business
- Highly durable; less maintenance than aluminum wiring
- Highly versatile, and a higher electrical conductivity rate than aluminum
- Increases resale value
Solutions we provide
If you have noticed any wire-related problems in your home, or would simply like to find out if you currently have aluminum wire, do not attempt to investigate your wiring yourself. This can lead to expensive damages and life-threatening injuries. Instead, contact a certified electrician to help you with your wiring needs.
Our aluminum to copper change over implementation methods are:
- Full replacement of Aluminum Cable – Full rewiring is the generally recommended solution when it comes to aluminum to copper installation. A qualified electrician will inspect your house and give you recommendations on the ease of implementation to do a full copper rewire, and remove the aluminum wiring.
- Implementing a AlumiConn Connector – in some cases a house wide rewire might not be practical based on an inspection of the house by a professional electrician, and in consultation with you. In that case, there is an alternative solution available using the AlumiConn Connector to ensure your house still follows the necessary safety regulations.
Annapolis, MD’s Trusted Copper Wire Installation Team
At Chesapeake Electric, our electricians perform aluminum to copper wire change services for homes and businesses across Annapolis, MD. Experienced and efficient, our electricians will have your home or business rewired quickly, and will be happy to schedule consultations to answer any questions you might have about your wiring.
To learn more, and to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (410)280-3388 today!
What Sets Us Apart?
- Free Estimates
- Licensed & Insured
- Over 10 Years Of Experience
- 24 Hour Emergency Service Available
- Dedicated To Customer Satisfaction & Superior Workmanship